Only current Miami students, faculty, and staff may check out equipment. A “Digital Equipment Form” must be signed the first time you check out equipment every school year. 2 forms of photo ID (Miami ID and government-issued ID) must be presented when the form is filled out. Hover over the by each item to see checkout periods, late charges, and replacement costs for that item.
||GoPro Hero4 Camera
||Digital Voice Recorder
|External DVD Writer/Player
||USB C Charger
||Android Charger (universal)
|MacBook Pro Charger
||Mac to VGA
- Equipment may be checked out by students, faculty, and staff ONLY upon presentation of a valid Miami University photo ID and a second form of identification (driver’s license or state-issued ID).
- Only one laptop may be checked out per library user.
- All equipment must be returned in-person to the Circulation Desk with equipment in hand and in the same condition as when it was checked out.
- All equipment must undergo maintenance upon return and cannot be immediately re-circulated. Equipment is not eligible for renewal.
- Do not save anything to the laptop. Everything saved to equipment will be deleted when returned.
- Battery power for the equipment may not last the entire checkout period; the Library recommends checking battery power and frequently saving personal files to your Google Drive, One Drive, or a flash drive to prevent loss of work.
- Changes to the laptop operating system or memory systems, including downloading software, are strictly prohibited. Changes may be made to an iPad through a personal Apple ID. A factory reset will be completed when the iPad is returned.
- The Library is not responsible for any loss or damage to the user’s files or peripheral devices due to equipment or network malfunction.
- Failure to return overdue items and/or pay fines will result in revocation of borrowing privileges.
- If equipment is returned late 3 times, borrowing privileges will be revoked for the rest of the semester.
- Users will be automatically billed the replacement cost of any piece of equipment that is past due for three days. Users who are billed replacement charges for any piece of equipment will have borrowing privileges permanently revoked for all equipment.